Monday 8 December 2014

Hanging Ornaments Christmas Cards

Hello,

Christmas is fast approaching so this week I will be posting a new Christmas card everyday for the next five days.  Next week I'm planing on posting some decorations alongside my final Christmas card for the year.

Today I've got a Christmas card that has three hanging ornaments.  I've made two versions, one with the ornaments embossed in gold and the other simply stamped in black.

Materials used:

  • White card bases (Trophee, 240gsm, white linen)
  • Red, green, white, pink and two shades of purple, subtle patterned paper and a pale yellow paper
  • Gold embossing powder (Ranger)
  • Versamark ink, Stazon black ink, gold (MSC) and purple ink (Rosie's studio)
  • Ornaments stamps, star cluster stamp and 'Deck the Halls' sentiment stamp
  • Gold and silver string
  • Silver gel pen

I began by stamping my ornaments on to the various patterned papers and cut them out with scissors.  For the background panel I stamped the stars across the pale yellow paper after I trimmed it to the right size.  I then cut two strips from one of the papers used for the ornaments and adhered them and the star piece to the card front.


To add some sparkle to the ornaments that were stamped in black I used a silver gel pen to add some detail.  Before I added the ornaments I created a hole at the top of each of them for the thread to loop through.  The ornament with the sentiment was adhered with dimensional foam tape while the other two were adhered flat.

That's it for today's post, see you tomorrow for another Christmas card!
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment