Tuesday 16 December 2014

Simple Christmas Gift Tags

Hello

Today I have some simple gift tags to show you.  When it comes to making gift tags you really want something that isn't complicated and can be put together fast.

Materials used:

  • White card
  • Tag shaped die (Cuttlebug)
  • Green and red striped patterned paper (Rosie's Studio)
  • Red dye ink (Archival Vermilion)
  • A 'To', 'From' and 'Merry Christmas' stamps
  • White thread
  • Buttons
First I cut the tag using the die, the die I used was longer than I wanted so I just trimmed the paper down before I die cut it.  I then arranged the stamps in the layout I wanted on top of one of the tags then picked them up at the same time with my block so I could stamp them all at the same time and keep the same spacing for all my tags.


After stamping the tags I cut 2cm wide strips from my patterned paper and applied adhesive to the back.  Using my grid mat for reference I adhered the paper to one of the tags and used my scissors to trim off the over hang which I then used on the next tag and so on.  I threaded some of the white thread through the button and placed a piece of double sided tape to the back and adhered it in the middle of the patterned paper.  Turning the tag over I taped down the thread to fully secure the button.  To finish the tag I added a length of the white thread through the hole at the top.

This tag is great for mass producing as there is only a few different elements and each one is simple to execute.  

See you tomorrow!
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment