Wednesday 17 December 2014

Glitter Paper Inlay Christmas Card

Hello!

This will be my final Christmas Card this year seeing as it is only a little over a week till Christmas now!  At this point in my Christmas card making I'm a bit over it so I wanted something that didn't take a lot thought or effort to make.  I'm happy with how this card turned out other than the gold pen, not so sure about the colour.

Materials used:

  • A white card base (which was a little longer at 15cm rather than 14.85cm) and a piece of white paper slightly smaller than the card front
  • Flower and swirl die (Couture Creations)
  • Red, green and gold glitter paper
  • 'With love at Christmas' sentiment stamp
  • Red ink (Archival, Vermilion)
  • Red gems
  • Gold metallic pen

I began by die cutting the flower out of the card base, then fully out of the green glitter paper, and partly out of the red and gold glitter papers.  
On the piece of white paper, I covered most of it with double sided tape and carefully adhered it behind the front of the card so that there is adhesive is visible through the negative of the die cut.  I then placed the green glitter paper die cut into the gap and the pieces of white card from the first die cut.  I trimmed the red glitter paper die cut so that only the flower remained and used a strong adhesive to glue it over the green glitter paper.  Then I added the gold circle to the center of the flower.
I created a border for the card with a ruler and the gold pen and added the sentiment to the bottom left corner.
For the finishing touch I added a line of gems either side of the flower.

See you tomorrow!
Stacey

P.S. This card has been added to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Bling it on.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Stacey :-) the die cuts and colours are fabulous ! Lovely design :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete