Saturday 24 January 2015

Valentine Card - Purple and Gold

Hello

It bothers me that almost every Valentine you see has a heart and are coloured pink/red.  Don't get me wrong, I do like hearts, and pink and red, but when everyone is using the same few things then I find all the cards start to look the same.  So to add some variety in to my Valentine mix this year I've made a card that doesn't have any hearts or use pink and red.

Materials used:

  • Black card base, gold foil paper, black card and a purple patterned paper.
  • Medallion stamp and 'Happy Valentines Day' stamp
  • Versamark ink
  • Gold embossing powder (Ranger)




I began by creating my card base and the gold and purple layers.  Then it was a matter of embossing the medallion and the sentiment on to black card.  I trimmed out the sentiment into a strip and created v shaped ends.  I trimmed out the medallion leaving a small border.

Assembling the card was simple, the gold and purple layers were adhered with double sided tape. The sentiment banner and medallion were adhered with foam tape.

This card turned out surprising easy.  It is also quite striking and refreshingly not pink.

Till next time.
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment