Tuesday 27 January 2015

I love you today and everyday

Hello

After my last Valentine that was deliberately avoiding pink and hearts, I've done the complete opposite for today's card.  A lovely pink gradient, embossed heart and pink sequins makes this card quite eye-catching.

Materials used:

  • White card base, white card and pink paper
  • Distress inks in spun sugar, picked raspberry and seedless preserves
  • Sliver shimmer spray
  • Patterned heart stamp (Rosie's Studio) and 'I love you today and everyday' sentiment stamp
  • Pink pigment ink (Rosie's Studio) and black ink (Stazon)
  • Clear embossing powder (Ranger)
  • Pink and clear sequins

I created the pink gradient background first by sponging on the distress inks starting with the lightest over the whole piece, then the next lightest over 2/3rds and the darkest over 1/3rd.  I sprayed the piece lightly with the shimmer spray and mixed some of the picked raspberry colour with a bit of the shimmer spray to flick on top.

I hand cut a slope from a piece of white card and stamped the sentiment on the lower right corner.  For the heart, I stamped it on to the pink paper with the pigment ink and clear embossed it before trimming it out leaving a decent border.

I used foam tape behind the white piece and the heart and double sided tape to adhered the whole panel to the card base.  For the sequins I used multi medium in matte.

I really like how the pink gradient turned out.  Think I'm starting to get better with distress inks.  I've added this card to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge 'Have a Heart'.

Till next time
Stacey

1 comment:

  1. hi Stacey! super awesome card, I adore the design and color! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life.....sparkle & shine! *~*

    ReplyDelete