Tuesday 20 January 2015

Valentine Card - Heart Shaker

Hello

I thought seeing as Valentines Day is just around the corner that I best make some cards for the occasion.  Lately I've seen a few people creating shaker cards with less dimension by creating more of a pocket rather than a shallow shadow box.  I like this idea because I'm forever battling with my foam tape because of its intense love to stick to everything but what I want it to.

Materials used:

  • White card base and a pink patterned paper and clear plastic packaging
  • Two washi tapes, pink hearts and pink stripes
  • Heart shape nesting die (Couture Creations)
  • Various sequins and confetti shapes in pink, red and gold
  • 'I Love You' sentiment stamp (Rosie's Studio)
  • Pink ink




I began by die cutting the heart from the card base.  I then took my washi tapes and wrapped the edges around the card and the inside of the heart so it looks like they were cut with the die.  To complete the front I stamped the sentiment below the washi tape.

For the shaker piece, I used a bit of plastic packaging to create a window behind the heart.  I then trimmed my piece of pink patterned paper to be slightly smaller than the inside of my card.  Before placing the sequins and gems on to the plastic I put down strips of double sided tape around the heart and also around the edges of the patterned side of the paper.  After I added all the shaker pieces I adhered the patterned paper pattern side down so that it shows through the window.

So yes it shakes, but not so much as a normal shaker card.  My only regret was leaving such a big gap around the heart when I was placing the double sided tape as the shaker pieces seem to have become a bit shy and hide behind the white card.

Till next time.
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment