Saturday 17 January 2015

Inspired by..... Card 2

Hello

This is the second card in my inspired by mini series.  I used this picture that I found on pinterest for inspiration.  You can check out my boards on pinterest here.



Materials used:

  • Blue card base, navy and white card
  • Distress inks in salty ocean, mustard seed and ripe persimmon 
  • Black Stazon ink
  • 'Oh Happy Day' stamp and solid flowers/leaves stamps (Rosie's Studio)
  • Yellow gems
  • Red gel pen
  • Corner rounding punch (Fiskars)

I began by creating the background piece with the distress inks and sponges.  Once I got it blended to my satisfaction, I stamped the floral images around the edges and the sentiment in the center.  I then rounded the corners, coloured in the little heart on the sentiment and added the yellow gems.

Then it was just a matter of layering the piece on the navy card with foam tape and adhering it all to the card base.

That's all for today, come back on Tuesday for a Valentine card.
Till then,
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment