Saturday 31 January 2015

I love you Valentine card

Hello

This is going to be my last Valentine card for the year.  I brought a lovely stamp set by Kaisercraft called 'XO' last weekend.  I've got so many ideas for cards from it but I've limited myself to just one more Valentine (though there is plenty of ways to use the stamp set for non-Valentine cards).  I pulled out my water colours and created a rather satisfying card.

Materials used:

  • White card base, white card
  • Water colours in red, red/orange and white
  • XO stamp set
  • Versamark ink
  • Clear embossing powder (Ranger)
  • Stencil (Memory Box)
  • Homemade texture paste coloured dark grey
  • Corner rounding punch (Fiskars)

I first stamped the 'I love you' sentiment and the hearts on to a piece of white card and heat embossed them.  I took my water colours and mixed them with a small amount of water so that the colour would be quite vibrant.  I covered the piece with clean water and then taking the colours I made a diagonal stripe through the middle with one colour then added another on either side and a third to cover the corners.

While I let the water colour piece dry I took my stencil and texture paste and applied it to the card base making sure to mask off the back of the card.  Once everything was dry I rounded the corners of the water colour piece and adhered it on top with foam tape.

This card has been added to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge "Anything Goes".


That's it for today's card.
Till next time,
Stacey.

1 comment:

  1. sooo pretty! loving the watercolor background :) thank you so much for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete