Saturday 21 June 2014

Spotlight on border stamps: Rainbow Stair Birthday Card

Hello

This is the final post for my one year anniversary and also my final post in my mini series on border stamps.  Today I have a card that uses a border stamp to create a rainbow effect up one side of the card.  In order to keep the background the main focal point I made the placed the sentiment off to one side using gold as a contrasting colour.



Materials:

  • White card (Trophee, 240gsm, white linen)
  • A selection of inks in rainbow colours
  • Gold embossing powder (Ranger)
  • Embossing ink (Versamark)
  • A border stamp (Cre8tiv) and a 'make a wish' stamp (Rosie's studio)
  • Gold gel pen
Directions:
  1. Make a top folding card base from the white card.  Cut a piece of white card big enough for the sentiment.
  2. Stamp border stamp beginning from the bottom with red ink, clean your stamp and repeat the image in orange above the red and a step off to the left.  Repeat this with the rest of the rainbow colours moving up and to the left each time.  Stamp and emboss sentiment on the small piece of white card, cut into banner shape at the bottom end.
  3. Adhere the sentiment to the top right hand side of the card using dimensional foam.  Use the gel pen to add dash lines around the banner and across the top of the card.
I love how colourful this card turned out.  I think it would be an easy card to mass produce even though it does use several colours of ink, you would just stamp all cards with the one colour before moving on to the next.  I also think that instead of rainbow you could do an ombre effect with several shades of one colour fading up the card.

Thank you for joining me during this very special week of posts!  Feel free to follow me on pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/rorystar/ or like me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfACardMakerBlog? .

Till next week
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment