Saturday 28 June 2014

Ice cream card

Hello

This week I thought I would prove to you all that I used one of my examples from lasts week's post on recycled craft.  I used the panel I created with paint and a milk bottle top as the main focal point on my card.  Here is a picture to refresh your memories:
My milk bottle top creation
After I had made the panel and shown it to a few people we all came to the same conclusion, it reminded us of mint chocolate chip ice cream.  So why fight a good thing?


Materials:
  • White (Trophee, 240gsm, white linen) and black card (Kaskad, 225gsm, raven black)
  • Black ink (Stazon, jet black)
  • Green and black paint
  • Gold gel pen
  • An ice cream stamp and a 'you're the sweetest' sentiment stamp (Fiskars, the sweet life)
  • Colouring pencils
  • Corner rounding punch (Fiskars)
Directions:
  1. Cut  the black card for a side folding card base.  Cut the white card for the panel and sentiment strip.
  2. Stamp the ice cream on a piece of scrap white, the sentiment on to the sentiment strip and then create the panel with the paint and milk bottle top.
  3. Colour the ice cream and cut it out leaving a small white border. Round the corners on the sentiment strip and create gold dash lines around the edge.
  4. Adhere the main panel and use the gel pen to create a gold line on left.  Round the corners on outer edge of the card base.
  5. Adhere the ice cream image with dimensional foam onto the sentiment strip and then the strip to the card base also with dimensional foam.
  6. Cut a panel for the inside of the card and round all the corners (I tend to use ordinary computer paper for this).  Create a flag shape from the left over panel and adhere to the top right corner.
Inside of the card

That's it for today's card, join me next week for the beginning of another mini series!
Stacey

P.S: I have again added this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.  Don't forget to check it out at http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/

No comments:

Post a Comment