Saturday 7 June 2014

Spotlight on border stamps: Chevron Hello Card

Hello,

This week I have a more masculine card to share that uses a chevron stamp for the background.  As with most crafters, I struggle to create masculine cards because it's just easier to put flowers, butterflies and loads of glitter onto a card than it is to keep it clean and bold and manly.  So I challenged myself this week to make a masculine card!  This is what I came up with:
I even left the ends of the ribbon frayed!

Materials:

  • White card (Trophee, 240gsm, white linen), red card (Trophee, 210gsm, intensive red) and grey paper.
  • Yellow ribbon (Rosie's studio)
  • Sentiment die cut (or you could make your own with stamps)
  • Red ink in two shades (Rosie's studio)
  • Chevron border stamp (Creativ)
  • Sliver and red gel pens
Directions:
  1. Create a top folding card base from the white card.  Cut a tag each from the red and grey paper.
  2. On the card base, stamp the chevron vertically alternating the direction and ink shades as you go, I suggest starting the stamping in the middle.
  3. Adhere the two tags together offset with dimensional foam.  Use the sliver gel pen to create a dash line border around the red tag and use the red gel pen to create three lines across the bottom of the grey tag.  Thread the ribbon through the holes and tie in a knot.  Adhere the sentiment die cut and then the whole piece to your card base.
Overall, it is a pretty simple card and didn't take me long to create at all.  Now I've done a masculine card, I can go back to my glitter and frills!

Till next week
Stacey

P.S.  I have added this card to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.  Check it out at http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/

2 comments:

  1. A great masculine design, Stacey! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete