Friday 13 March 2015

Another St Patrick's Day card

Hello,

I think I caught Irish fever, I've got another St Patrick's Day card for you today.

Materials used:

  • Black card base, white card and silver glitter paper
  • Distress ink in mowed lawn
  • 'Drink me' embossing folder (Couture Creations)
  • Green pigment ink and versamark ink
  • Clear and silver embossing powder (Ranger)
  • Heart (Rosie's Studio), candle (Couture Creations) and 'celebrate' (Rosie's Studio) sentiment stamps
  • Inverted corner frame nesting dies (Couture Creations)
  • Sequins, gems and pearls

I inked the background piece with the mowed lawn masking off stripes with tape.  I then embossed it and trimmed it down.

To stamp the shamrock, I used the heart stamp three times and masked off half the candle and stamped it to make the stem.  I embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Underneath the shamrock I stamped and embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder.  I die cut this piece using the inverted corner die and also a piece of the silver glitter paper with the next size up.

I adhered the background piece to the card base and the sentiment to the glitter paper using foam tape.  I added a few sequins, pearls and gems to finish off the card.

That's it for today!

Till next time
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment