Saturday 21 February 2015

Galaxy Card 1

Hello

Today I have a 'galaxy' card for you.  It's actually a nebula not a galaxy hence the quotations.  I've found that using metallic and plain acrylic paints with a sponge is a great way to make space backgrounds.

Materials used:


  • White and navy card
  • Black, metallic blue, metallic purple, gold, silver, and white acrylic paint
  • Sliver shimmer spray
  • Nesting circle dies
  • Black embossing powder (Ranger)
  • Blue, black, purple and green glitter 
  • Versamark ink
  • 'Dare to dream big' sentiment stamp (Kaisercraft)
  • Black gel pen
  • Star confetti 


I made the 'galaxy' piece using the paints with sponges to dab on the colour.  Beginning with a layer of black and adding on the colours randomly over the piece.  Once all the colour is down I lightly sprayed the piece with my homemade shimmer spray to give the whole thing a shimmer.  I then watered down the white paint and splattered some 'stars' across not only the piece but everything on my desk too.  I also added a few crosses for bigger stars and the extra dot here and there.

I die cut a circle large enough for my sentiment and created my own 'galaxy' embossing powder by combining the glitter with the black embossing powder in another little container.  I then stamped and embossed the sentiment and added dash lines with a black gel pen.

I adhered the galaxy piece to a navy card base with the sentiment circle on top using foam tape.  For the final touch I added a few small star confetti pieces with multi medium in matte.

That's it for today's card.  See you next week!

Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment