Saturday 14 February 2015

Sympathy Card

Hello

While this isn't the first sympathy card I've made, it was the first sympathy card I've had to write in and send.  I thought making sympathy cards was hard but I certainly struggled more with what to say inside.  I find it is a delicate balance between 'soft and meaningful' and 'pretty and elegant' when making sympathy cards but writing in them requires significant thought and a careful selection of words.

Materials used:

  • Purple card base, purple and white card, brown patterned with flowers paper
  • 'With Sympathy' stamp (Rosie's Studio)
  • Purple ink
  • Distress inks in dusty concord, spun sugar and shaded lilac
  • Pink sequins and self adhesive pearls
  • Sliver shimmer spray



I began by painting over the flowers on the patterned paper with a small amount of the shimmer spray to give them a subtle shine.  While that was drying I smooshed the distress inks on a block and painted them onto a strip of white card.  After it was dry I stamped the sentiment in a purple pigment ink and created a banner end.

I cut a strip of purple card and also gave it a banner end.  I adhered the patterned paper to the card base then both the strips over the top.  The final touch was adding the sequins with multi medium matte.

There you have it, one sympathy card.

Till next time,
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment