Saturday 15 November 2014

Trio of Christmas Trees Card

Hello,

I decided to do something I've never done before this week, I used Kraft coloured card.  Not being a big fan of Kraft meant that I actually don't own any so I had to go out and buy some, and I eventually settled on pre-made square card bases with matching envelopes.  This particular card is really quite simple and will be easy to mass produce.

Materials used:

  • Kraft card base (Creativ)
  • Four shades of green patterned paper and a star patterned paper
  • Christmas tree die (Couture Creations)
  • Gold embossing powder (Ranger)
  • Versamark ink
  • 'Merry Christmas' sentiment die cut

I began by using the die as a template for the trees, cutting out triangles from three of the four green patterned papers.  The fourth green paper was cut with the die.  I used the die cut to draw a star on to some white card and embossed the opposite side before trimming out the shape with my scissors.  I used the embossing powder also on the ornaments of the die cut.  Then I adhered the die cut and the star to one of the trees.

Once I had all the pieces made I could adhere them all to the card.  The background paper and the two non-decorated trees are adhered with double sided tape while the decorated tree, star and sentiment are adhered with dimensional foam tape.

As I said earlier this card would be easy to mass produce as there is no stamping involved (unless you decide to stamp the sentiment rather than using a pre-made one) and all that is required is some basic cutting and die cutting.

Till next time,
Stacey

This card has been submitted into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - 'We're seeing stars'.
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/

1 comment:

  1. Love your card, love your trio of trees, great layout

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete