Wednesday 14 August 2013

August, the month of birthdays. Happy Birthday Birds Card

Hello!

So as you see in the title, August is one of those months for me when many people I know are having their birthday.  While its good for them it does mean a flurry of card making and a flurry of present buying (I'm now rather broke).  So at the time of writing this blog post I actually have enough cards made to see me into September at my normal rate of one a week.
Anyway.....
Todays card is a birthday card for one of my oldest friends.  She loves birds and the colour green so I knew I had to incorporate them into the card.
Here it is:
To make this card you will need:

  1. a piece of green patterned paper, green glitter paper and a piece of white card
  2. a piece of black ribbon
  3. 4 different bird and a 'happy birthday' stamps
  4. a small butterfly punch
  5. a black gel pen
  6. blue and green ink pads
To begin, cut the green paper to the exact width of the card but 1cm shorter than the height of the card (and cut it straight unlike me).  Adhere this on the card front and then stick on the ribbon at the halfway point.  
Cut the white card to 2cm shorter than the width of the card and depending on the size of your bird stamps, about 4cm tall.  
Stamp the birds first in blue ink (I used a few different shades, but its not necessary) then stamp the 'happy birthday' in green above the birds. 
 Punch out a butterfly from the green glitter paper and adhere it on the 'y' of birthday. Create a border with the gel pen and a little trail for the butterfly.  
Adhere the white panel over top of the ribbon with dimensional foam tape.

And there you have it, one green and bird themed birthday card.

Till next time,
Rorystar

No comments:

Post a Comment