Sunday 12 April 2015

Galaxy card 2

Hello,

Today I bring you the next galaxy card a long time after the first one!  I made these cards all at the same time but decided to give them a post each as they use the 'galaxy' images a bit differently.

Materials used:

  • White and black card
  • Acetate 
  • Acrylic paints
  • Circle masks
  • 'Love you to the moon and back' sentiment stamp 
  • Sliver embossing powder
  • Gems and gold stars



To make the planet and its moon, I coloured over the areas before creating my 'galaxy' background as I wanted the moon to be quite a bright colour.  Once I had a large enough area done I let it dry and placed my circle masks over top to protect them.  I then sponged on my background, removed the masks and added details to the background and the planet/moon with a paint brush.

The card itself is a shaker, I cut a large circle from a piece of white card to which I added some splatters.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment onto some black card and adhered it to the white piece with foam tape.  The acetate was adhered behind this panel to create the window and foam tape added all over the back for the shaker component.

That's it for this week,

Till next time,
Stacey.

No comments:

Post a Comment