Saturday 16 August 2014

Floral One Layer Card

Hello,

This week I'm featuring a one layer card.  I don't often make one layer cards as I do find it difficult to use the space with just stamps.  This one was actually easy to create with a bit of masking and some pretty stamps.

Materials:

  • White card base
  • Flower (MME), leaves (Couture Creations) and 'thinking of you' (Cre8tiv) stamps
  • Plum (Ranger archival), black (Stazon) and green ink as well as mowed lawn and seedless preserves distress ink
  • Black marker pen
  • Pearls and gems
  • Corner rounder (Fiskars)
Directions:
  1. Mask off an area just below the middle of the card front.  Stamp two of the largest flowers either side of the masked area making sure to overlap the mask a bit.  Stamp one of the smaller flowers below the mask.  Mask off the flowers and stamp the leaf outlines to fill in more space.
  2. Remove the mask.  Using a ruler and the marker, create two lines either side of the masked off area.  Stamp the greeting in between the two lines.
  3. Using the distress ink, water and a brush, fill in the leaves and any outline flowers with colour.  Once dry, splatter some of the purple distress ink over the card front.
  4. Adhere a few gems and pearls and round the top right corner.
I was kind of making this one up as I went with no final vision in mind, I think it turned out well and I managed to hide the small mistakes I made well.  The splatter of ink was to help hide the fact that some of the ink from when I stamped the flowers seeped through the mask and the gems were to cover up a couple of smudges I made.  Just goes to show that little mistakes like that can be covered up and disguised easily to save your card from the rubbish bin!

Till next time
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment