Saturday 5 April 2014

Cupcake shaped birthday card :)

Hello

Today I present to you a cupcake shaped birthday card.  A long time ago my mother gave me a pack of pre-made cupcake shaped card blanks by Rosie's Studio.  I thought they were pretty cool so I put them away for safe keeping and never touched them again..... until yesterday.  Surely I'm not the only one who hordes precious craft supplies right?

Ohhhh yea! Cupcake!
Right so the rose is made of paper and I made mine based off of this youtube tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir8_Tldxbh0
While I certainly didn't put as much effort into mine it is still super pretty.

Materials:
  • A cupcake card base (or make your own from pink card), white card and pink heart patterned paper
  • Gold embossing powder
  • Pink ink and embossing ink 
  • Embossing ink pen
  • 'Happy Birthday' stamp and a circle pattern stamp
  • Paper rose
Directions:
  1. From the heart patterned paper, cut out the frosting for the top of the cupcake.  From the white card cut the base of the cupcake and a circle.
  2. On the white base, draw a handful of lines with the embossing pen and heat emboss with the gold powder.
  3. For the circle, stamp and emboss the 'Happy Birthday' in the center and stamp the circle pattern in pink.
  4. Assemble! Begin by adhering the cupcake base directly to the base, then the 'frosting' with dimensional foam.  For the circle put dimensional foam on the bottom half and regular adhesive on the top half and place over the join between the frosting and base on the right hand side.  Adhere the rose to the top left of the card.
So that's it for this week.  I hope you received some inspiration.

Till next time
Stacey

Edit: Just a quick note to say I've added this card to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge at http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/
Check it out if your interested!

2 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I love that flower! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment :) I have to admit I was a little nervous about entering the challenge, but now that I've done it once I'm going to have to do it again!

      Delete