Saturday 1 March 2014

Stenciled Cards and Card Pouch

Hello

Today I feature four square cards I made with a new stencil I brought.  Stencils are big currently in the card making scene and I certainly wasn't going to miss out on this trend.  The cards below only show the center of the stencil I used as its full size is 15cm x 15cm.  Coming up soon will be a card that uses the full stencil image.



oooooh pretty!

Materials needed:

  • White card
  • Stencil
  • Inks in various colours (I used three colours on each card)
  • Sponges
  • Glitter paper
  • Metallic markers or sharpies
Directions:
  1. Cut white card into 10 x 20cm, score at 10cm and fold to create a 10 x 10 card.  You should get two of these from one A4 sheet plus a piece left over.
  2. Using the left over piece from the white card, begin sponging on your colour starting from the center with the lightest and moving to the darkest at the edges.  Trim around design leaving a small border of white.
  3. Using a similar colour of metallic marker or sharpie, draw a border with a ruler around the front panel of the card base.
  4. Cut a similar colour of glitter paper to 8 x 8cm.  Adhere the stenciled piece on top of the glitter paper and the glitter paper on top of your card base.
These cards are really cool and once you get into the groove of stenciling it really doesn't take long.  I wanted to keep the cards as a set so I made some custom envelopes and then searched round the internet for something that I could make to put the cards in.  This is what I found: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/cardpouch/
and this is what I created based off the tutorial:
As you can see, I created yet another stenciled image and once again used the glitter paper.  I think that it helps tie it all together.

That's all for this week,
Till next time,
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment