Wednesday 4 September 2013

Falling Roses Card

Hello!

Today I feature a card that I have made for my Grandmother.  At the time I was making this card I had just received my first ever selection of embossing powders, so I went a little embossing happy.......
A while back I watched a youtube video by Kristina Werner where she used embossing powder on vellum and then coloured it with felt pens to create a stained glass effect.  Ever since seeing this video I desperately wanted to try it for myself, so when I got the embossing powder it was the first thing I did with it.  There are some differences between our cards, namely I used gold embossing powder and she used white, I also used different stamps and a different coloured card base, but essentially they are much the same which is why I am providing a link to her video and saying that I did NOT come up with this card design.
Here is a link to her video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdsnWOT61h8
And here is my card:
You can't really tell from the picture, but there is a white ribbon above the happy birthday.

So yea, this is really an example of how you can take someones card design and recreate it using what you have.  I don't have white embossing powder so I used gold instead, I also don't have copic markers so I just used some felt pens, I don't have any kraft coloured paper either so I put it on a white base.  I still have much the same effect going on even though it isn't exactly the same.

Till next time,
Rorystar

No comments:

Post a Comment