Thursday 18 July 2013

Three little birds

Hello!

So I forgot yesterday to post (my bad!), so here we are today with a card that uses patterned paper as the main focus.  Usually with my cards I use a stamp as my main focus but I had this paper and I knew I wanted to use it on a card but I didn't want the paper to just become the background like it normally does.
Here is the card:

How I made this card:

  1. Using a stencil (or just lightly drawing the shape in pencil) cut both of the bottom edges off the card base.
  2. Cut the patterned paper to fit the card front so that three sides are straight and the bottom edge is curved like the card base.  Adhere to the card base.
  3. Using a strip of white card stamp a sentiment in a coordinating colour and adhere with dimensional adhesive.
  4. Place sticky-backed gemstones on to the card using the blade of a craft knife (trust me it works) following a section of the pattern.
By using the patterned paper as the main focus it certainly reduces the amount of time it takes to make a card.  You do have to be aware of adding too much to the card front, and your efforts should be more focused on showing off the paper by adding small embellishments and changing the card shape.

That's all for today.
Rorystar

No comments:

Post a Comment